Search Site

This search form uses an instant search feature. As you type, search results will appear automatically below the search field. When you've entered you desired search terms use tab to navigate through the available results and hit enter to open the selected page or document.
School Closing Thru April 14th
School Closing Thru April 14th
Troy Miller
Friday, March 13, 2020

March 13, 2020



We have been in close communication with the Sacramento County Office of Education and the Sacramento County Public Health Department over the last few weeks regarding the outbreak of the coronavirus.   In discussions with these entities and other Sacramento County Superintendents, we have decided to make the difficult decision to close school until Tuesday, April 14th.  During this time, the custodial staff will be deep cleaning the school and be taking steps to minimize future risks.  We know this will put a strain on families in terms of daycare and food service, so we sincerely regret making this decision based on those factors.  To help with providing food to families who need help with food, we will be providing breakfast and lunch to all children under the age of 18 at the school.  Families are able to drive through the main campus loop between the hours of 11AM-12PM from Monday, March 16 – Friday, April 3rd to receive a free breakfast and lunch.  We will not be serving food during our traditional Spring Break. 

Regarding the school calendar, Arcohe will be submitting a waiver to the state as to not have to modify the calendar for the remainder of the year.  We anticipate the ending of the school year to remain on June 3rd despite this break.  At this time, teachers are not prepared to hand out work over the next few weeks, and we have not made the determination whether this will be feasible given the lack of time they have had based on this announcement.

We apologize for this major disruption in the lives of our students, but based on the current advice from the Sacramento Public Health Department, we believe this is decision we had to make.  We will give updates as we have them. 




Troy Miller


Arcohe School